Thursday, July 14, 2011

I'll die living as free as my HAIR

My hair is fine, sometimes oily, and I colored it in April with Loreal hair color. I am naturally blonde, and I dyed my hair a little bit blonder. That's just some basic information about me for this post :-)

Shampoo
Shampoos for me have always been a struggle. I have never really found one that controls the oil without drying my hair out. When I was at school this year, I used Tresemme Gentle Cleansing occasionally with Dove Intensive Repair conditioner (which I had received as a sample with Dove soap). The conditioner was amazing in small doses, by the way, and I plan to buy a full size when I go back to school. Anyways, this routine was okay; however, I wasn't fully satisfied. Now that I am at home for the summer, I use a slightly more expensive brand of shampoo: Rusk Sensories Full Shampoo, which is made with green tea and alfalfa. This shampoo gives my hair a cleaner feeling and more body. I tend to not use conditioner during the summer because it makes my hair so oily.

Straightening
Before I straighten my hair, I always use a heat protectant on my hair so I can prevent damage. I have previously used Tresemme's Heat Tamer spray, which worked, smelled great, and didn't break the bank at all. However, due to the bottle deciding to spill all over my computer case, I am now using one of my family member's heat protectant called It's a 10 Miracle Leave-In Product. This spray is not only a protectant; it controls frizz, detangles, adds shine, enhances body, and much more. This spray, although a little expensive, is a great product and I recommend it to anyone that uses heat on their hair regularly.

Scrunching
Every now and then I like to shake things up and scrunch my hair instead of straightening it. When I have wet hair from getting out of the shower, I brush the tangles out slightly, but not all the way straight. Then, I squeeze some of Tresemme's Tres Gel in my hands and start to scrunch my hair. I gather a section of hair in my hand and then squeeze it together. This creates a curly effect. I repeat this step a few more times, then wait ten minutes, and go back if necessary. To make sure it holds, I use Tresemme's Tres Two Spray and spray that around my hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment