Sunday, July 24, 2011

E.L.F. brush set review!

Before buying this set, I only had around four brushes, and I knew I needed more. But I'm not the kind of person who is going to splurge of MAC brushes. Like they're seriously expensive. So one day I was at Target and stumbled across a brush set by E.L.F. that was only ten dollars! And you get ten brushes! So obviously I bought it and have been using it the past week. Here's what I think.

Face Brush: Eh... it's okay. I have an Avon face brush that I think works much better and spreading the powder around. The E.L.F. version doesn't seem to pick up a lot of powder, whether it be regular face powder or bronzer. But we'll see...
Foundation Brush: My reaction is the same as the face brush. I have a foundation brush from Avon that I prefer using; however, if you are without a foundation brush, I would suggest buying one because it makes your foundation very smooth!
Angled Blush Brush: Love love love. Did I mention I love it? It picks up a good amount of powder and has a great angle.
Eyeshadow Brush: This brush is a little fluffy and is pretty normal. It does work though, so I give it two thumbs up.
Eyeliner Brush: This brush is not angled, I wish it was, but it actually works pretty well! I put some black or other dark eyeshadow on it and then brush it against my crease line. The eyeshadow definitely shows up.
Lip Brush: This is one of my favorites from this set. I am obsessed with lip brushes now! Apply lipgloss looks so different and smoother with a lip brush than without one.
Concealer Brush: I don't really use this one since I'd rather put concealer on with my fingers, but I did try it for the sake of this review and it does work for those who want to know.
Eyelash and Brow Brush: These are two different brushes and they are pretty standard. And they work. So that's good all around.
Smudge Brush: Also standard and I already have one attached to my Benefit BADgal LIner so I don't really use the E.L.F. one... but it does work nonetheless.


Overall, I give this set a two thumbs up for the price and quality!

1 comment:

  1. I got a bunch of brushes from them since they're having that 7 year sale, and I really liked the Kabuki and the blending eye brush. For as cheap as they are you really can't go wrong!

    ReplyDelete