Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Recent Purchases and My Thoughts

Maybelline BabyLips Lipbalm ($4)
I have to say... I bought this for the packaging! I'm a design major in school, and I love products/advertisements that look like this. I am impressed with how soft it makes my lips feel... but I bought the tinted kind. I should have bought the clear kind. The color I bought is a BRIGHT pink, and when I say bright, I'm not joking. I need to go back to the store to get a clear one, because I look silly wearing that color on my lips! I recommend this... but with a warning!

Maybelline Great Lash Lots of Lashes ($5)
I feel silly splurging on mascaras when there are cheap mascaras like this one. I am in loveeee with this mascara. It is a great price... I actually got mine for around $3 at Target (Ulta says its around $5). The brush is perfect, the staying power is perfect, and I can compare the turn out of this mascara to my more expensive brands.

Wet N' Wild Liquid Liners (approx $3)
This was the first liquid liner I have ever used... and it's okay. Just okay. For the price, don't expect anything amazing. The brush is good, but the staying power of the color isn't amazing. I bought these liners in black, brown, and purple. Don't buy purple. It's a joke. Black and brown had good pigmentation, but I'd rather buy a more expensive liquid liner to avoid looking silly.

Maybelline Lash Stilleto Liquid Eyeliner (approx $7)
This is my replacement for the Wet N' Wild liners. I really like this liner and the color stays on for around 8 hours! I highly recommend this to people who don't want to spend a lot of money on liner or who are just starting out using liquid liner... like me!

Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque ($4)
I love this mask! I have somewhat oily skin... and it helps control that problem. I wash my face with cleanser, and then apply this for around twenty minutes. It's really pampering without having to spend a fortune.

Sally Hansen Salon Effects Nail Polish Strips ($10)
I was really disappointed in this product. I have heard a lot of great things about them, but personally, they didn't work. I am really bummed because the patterns are so cute, but I would never purchase this item again. I applied them correctly, and initially they looked great. But the "strips" started coming off in only one day, and the packaging says it is supposed to stay for three weeks! Not worth the money.

Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Hard as Wraps Powerful Acrylic Gel ($6)
Another bad Sally Hansen product! I was pretty excited when I saw this at CVS and thought it would really work. This product claims to act like gel and protect nails and keep the polish on for a longer period of time. Well, that isn't the case. First of all, I figured out that I can't put the "gel" on my nails after painting them, even thirty minutes after the fact. The gel makes my nailpolish sticky and wet again. I painted my nails recently and put the gel on the next day. I haven't noticed any differences than regular nail polish. I don't recommend this.

No comments:

Post a Comment